The Florida Hydrogen Initiative (FHI) is a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) funded hydrogen and fuel cell program managed by the Florida Solar Energy Center (FSEC) and the University of Central Florida (UCF). At the present time, this effort has about $1.5 million in funds that are to be awarded in competitive projects. For these proposals, DOE Golden has required that proposals be openly solicited and then be evaluated on a competitive basis. The only restriction on these funds is that FSEC/UCF is not eligible for funding. The purpose of this notice is to make the hydrogen community aware that a RFP will be issued in the near future.
SCOPE OF ANNOUNCEMENT
The goal of the Florida Hydrogen Initiative is to move Florida to the forefront of the nation’s hydrogen economy. The Florida Hydrogen Initiative will use its resources to aid the development of a Florida-based hydrogen and fuel cell industry thereby establishing Florida as the cornerstone of a southeastern hydrogen and fuel cell hub and aiding the U. S. Department of Energy in its hydrogen and fuel cell programs and goals.
FHI seeks to develop Florida’s hydrogen and fuel cell infrastructure by:
- Creating partnerships for applied technology demonstration projects throughout the state;
- Sponsoring research and development in the production, storage and use of hydrogen and in the use and application of fuel cells;
- Facilitating technology transfer between the public and private sectors to create, build, and strengthen high-growth potential, high technology companies;
- Demonstrating industrial support or potential for widespread applications;
- Developing unique hydrogen/fuel cell university level education programs.
UCF/FSEC will request proposals in support of the above objectives. The research, development or demonstration projects to be funded will also be guided by the above FHI objectives and the 2010 and 2015 targets described in the U. S. Department of Energy’s Hydrogen, Fuel Cells & Infrastructure Technologies Program – Multi-year Research, Development and Demonstration Plan or the latest version (See http://www1.eere.energy.gov/hydrogenandfuelcells/mypp/).
A formal RFP will be issued and sent to all individuals/institutions/industries/ organizations requesting it. Please make sure that your name is included in the distribution list for the RFP. Send your name or if you have any questions please contact: David L. Block at email@example.com